Friday, March 11, 2011

Buddies

When I first started to exercise, I knew I had to do it, but I didn't necessarily want to do it. The reason I kept going back was the women I first started out with, were hilarious. A couple of years ago there was quite a hodge podge of women in the 6 A.M. class. Some older, some younger, some more conservative, and others without many boundaries at all. It didn't seem to matter, we had a great time and laughed until the hour was over.

A lot of the women have changed, but the dynamic of the class hasn't. We still have all different kinds, which makes it interesting and entertaining. Now that I am fully enjoying the benefits of good exercise, the pull continues to be the camaraderie I feel with the other women.

If you are struggling to enjoy your exercise routine solo, get a friend involved, or go to a class, it is so much better to see others in the same agony as you are in. I know my thigh burn AND my psyche improve when I watch the misery on my friends' faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment